Alaskan location, pararescueman hero, meh romance

Cover Me (Elite Force: That Others May Live) - Catherine Mann

Opening Line:" It was a cold day in hell for Tech Sergeant Wade Rocha--standard ops for a mission in Alaska."

I struggled through this and ultimately gave up about half way in. It's not that it was that terrible, it was just so, average on all accounts and I couldn't have cared less about the romance between Sunny & Wade, honestly I just I couldn't be bothered to finish, very meh.  I've read lots of Catherine Mann stuff before and she always seems to hook me in with a great beginning before settling into mediocre-ville.

It should have been a simple mission. Pararescueman Wade Rocha fast ropes from the back of a helicopter into a blizzard to save a climber stranded on an Aleutian Island, but Sunny Foster insists she can take care of herself just fine...

But when it comes to passion, nothing is ever simple. With the snowstorm kicking into overdrive, Sunny and Wade hunker down in a cave and barely resist the urge to keep each other warm... until they discover the frozen remains of a horrific crime. Unable to trust the local police force, Sunny and Wade investigate, while their irresistible passion for each other gets them more and more dangerously entangled...