This series just keeps getting better - Dark, Thrilling and Sexy

Desire Unchained - Larissa Ione

Opening Line: "It had been two decades since Shade had awakened on a strange floor, hung over and without a clue to his whereabouts."

This is book #2 in Larissa Ione’s utterly imaginative world of Demonica, full of demons vampires, werewolves, ghouls, humans and every combined half version of them. And I have to say that while I enjoyed book #1 Pleasure Unbound this one is even better. Ione’s world at UGH (underworld general hospital) just seems to get more awesome the further in we go and here we really get a feel for those sexy Seminus demon brothers and the bond they share with one another.

DESIRE UNCHAINED is Shade’s story which is sinfully dark and erotic (hello BDSM) however theres also a ton of action along the way and the witty between brothers banter is better then ever. Ione also serves up some very clever storylines, a great heroine, introduces new characters and gives our hero an interesting curse as well as one demented villain to overcome on his way to a HEA.

Runa is determined to make Shade pay; not only for making her fall in love with him but for cheating on her with a couple of vampires and indirectly causing the transformation that’s forever changed her (especially under a full moon) Shade’s been trying to avoid Runa as he was starting to develop feelings for her. That just can’t happen when you’ve been given a curse that states you’ll become invisible and plagued by insatiable thirst, hunger and lust for eternity should you happen to fall in love.

But first things first Desire Unchained opens up with Runa and Shade trapped in a madman’s dungeon, when he casts a spell that binds them together as lifemates they’ll have to stop fighting each other and work together to get out alive and before Shade starts to disappear.

Of course this only scratches the surface of this multilayered story and what a ride it is. With Shade’s curse triggered we have the (not so) small issue of him or one of his brothers killing Runa to break it.(badass Wraith seems up for the task) Speaking of which, we’re given plenty of interaction with both him and Eidolon, with Wraith showing a whole new side of himself here. We’re also introduced to the very cool means of travel through Harrowgate and subsequently get some scorching hot love scenes at Shade’s love shack in South America, complete with an exclusive sex chamber and one domination scene I could have done without. There's also a very touching side romance between the human UGH Doctor Kynan and nurse Gem which I enjoyed almost as much as our hero’s and hope to see completed somewhere down the line.

Here’s the beginnings of one of one of the love scenes I can’t seem to shake, it will either have you grinning or blushing next time you order coffee from your local barista;

He stepped in front of Rena. "Coffee" The word rolled off his tongue as if he'd said "I'd like to give you an orgasm" "Yes" she whispered because he could give her...oh, right coffee.

Yup this is a very addictive ride, mixing the perfect combination of paranormal romance and urban fantasy and I can’t wait to see where things take us next with badass demon brother Z…I mean Wraith in  Passion Unleashed. Yeah you fans of Ward’s BDB might want to check this series out too, there's some fascinating similarities.